Structurecraft
Welcome to the Structurecraft forums! Please register and log in so you can post!

Minecraft server

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Don't forget to read forums to get the last news about the server Smile
Our server IP: 96.8.119.114:25607
Donate 5 pounds or more to recieve the VIP rank!
PM bobjon if you have any questions or comments!
Welcome back Guest!
Its Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:53 pm
Our users have posted 1540 posts

Share | 

★Review of karkand by bobjon★

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How would you rate the map?
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
bobjon
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: ★Review of karkand by bobjon★   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey guys its bob with the first map review! Here im reviewing the new map named karkand built by Pwner25(Death Spiral and Maze War) and Tym17(Pharaohs, Desolated World and others)Ive played tons of war and I know a lot about making the zones. In my opinion the best war map is Pharaohs, and can beat anyone 1 to 1 on it so far. But not to go too far im actually not a big PVP fan, I just like tactical games.

The map from the top

I think karkand is a very impressive map because of the destructible houses and the simple but perfect classes. The map also looks good, setting the stage for a fight in a burning, falling set of barracks. The buildings are also very well designed unlike the spawns and some of the map layout. But overall I think this is one of the greatest war maps made.

Now for the good things, well first of all the tactical points ontop of the buildings, the flag layout and all the jumps you can make are very rewarding. Its also fun to run into a building chasing a guy just to see gravel fell and blocked your path to take that kill. The small park which contains a monument and the blue flag i believe is a very strong tactical point for both teams and the fights can get very exciting there also because its right above the blue spawn.

Every map has bad parts and pieces! And this map doesnt stick out there either since theres many flaws in this bundle of fun.First of all theres no auto-join so sometimes the teams can be uneven. Also the park I was talking about can be very cheap if its controlled by a few people since the monument heals, the flag wins and they can camp the other team. Although this map doesnt support camping very much the spawns are poorly placed very close to the flag and with only one exit that can be blocked in a matter of seconds. But nevertheless there isnt much bad about this map even though ive had to nitpick at some things.

For the classes theres only 3 which might seem a little short to some people but its perfect in my opinion. Theres the classic Sniper to stand ontop of the huge buildings with good armour, the annoying dude with fire who is easy to kill and the fat guy with diamond armour who has nothing but his stone sword and some gold tools to fend off the enemy. All three classes are very useful in various situations so for the classes I have no problems except for the empty ones that have similar names to the real ones? I MEAN CMON remove them...

The map layout here is very simple. Take the flag and run and avoid people who are in buildings. But if youre not the flag capping type theres tons of monuments and the fun of buildings. Also of course breaking and building is on in this map and theres a few secret tunnels too!

Overall I give this map a 8.5 out of ten, and definetaly recommend you check it out! Its one of the best war maps and is enjoyable for everyone.

Last edited by bobjon on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNer25
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ★Review of karkand by bobjon★   Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I also made the Maze war map Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobjon
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: ★Review of karkand by bobjon★   Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Oh yea Smile fixed that, remember guys you can make map reviews too!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ★Review of karkand by bobjon★   Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm

ty Smile btw for empty class i just had problems with it xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benbrooks6
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ★Review of karkand by bobjon★   Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:30 pm

I love this map! One of the best! I voted 10!

PostSubject: Re: ★Review of karkand by bobjon★   

Back to top Go down

★Review of karkand by bobjon★
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Structurecraft :: Map reviews-
Jump to: